|Private Guided Day Tour to Canberra in 2 days
On the tour lasting 2 days to Canberra, Australia's capital city you will get opportunity to explore Australian cultural, historical, scientific and wildlife attractions. Travel south in luxury with a 9 seater minibus from Sydney through the Goulburn region, one of Australia's premier sheep and wool growing areas, and on to Canberra. This guided Canberra tour has been carefully designed to ensure you take in all of the main sights of this modern and well planned capital city of Australia,
then we explore pristine wilderness mountains and deep space communication NASA complex.
Take in all highlights Canberra has to offer, with its contemporary architecture set among beautifully maintained gardens and parks. View the upper or lower Houses of Parliament (when in session), see The Lodge, the Prime Minister's residence and travel though the pretty tree-lined streets while viewing diplomatic homes and embassies of many foreign ambassadors. See the Captain Cook Memorial Fountain, the National Museum of Australia, the National Library and the High-Court. Along the way you will hear the history of the ANZAC as you travel along the boulevard dedicated to the participants of the two world wars and visit the Australian War Memorial. Travel to the summit of Mount Ainslie for a terrific view of Canberra.
IT IS GOOD IDEA TO TRAVEL TO CANBERRA AND FLY TO MELBOURNE instead of flying directly to MELBOURNE
Itinerary: All itineraries can be changed, you could add or skip any of attraction listed below! We are happy to show tourists as much as possible within the tour time frame.
We have adapted itineraries for old seniors or families with small kids
• Pick-ups from convenient City locations or many City hotels at 8.00 am.
• Driving to the Goulburn country town (2 hours).
• Visit BUNGONIA CANYON (optional , takes 1h time )
• Visiting Goulburn old town, the beautiful St Saviour's Cathedral and a tower near Goulburn.
• Driving to an authentic Goulburn cafe for an experience in a countryside restaurant in town (alternatively, we can stop for picnic in Bungonia Canyon).
• Continue driving to Canberra for 1 hour.
• Visit the Cool Climate Wineries (optional)
• Visit the Australian War Memorial, home to an interesting display of war relics.
• Stop at the summit of Mt Ainslie for a terrific view of Canberra and surroundings.
• Visit the Parliament House in Canberra.
• Canberra is home to nearly 80 embassies and high commissions. We leisurely drive through to see both, the traditional and modern architecture from many countries.
• Visit contemporary Canberra buildings
• Drop off at Canberra Hotel 6 pm
• Pick-ups from your Canberra Hotel 8.30 am
• Stop at Canberra Deep Space Communication Complex and explore Space museum.
• Travel to Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve to watch wild Kangaroos, Koalas and Emus
• Visit local picturesque lookouts
• Travel back to Canberra
• National Arboretum Canberra - forests of unique trees and National Bonsai and Penjing Collection
• Cockington Green Gardens - fascinating display of meticulously crafted miniature buildings set within beautifully landscaped gardens.
• the National Museum of Australia
• the National Dinosaur Museum (optional)
• Drive back to Sydney 3 hours and arrive at 7 pm
Duration: 2 days.
Private Guided Day Tour to Canberra or
2 Days / 750 km Private Tour to South Coast and Canberra or Private Guided Day Tour to Canberra and Mt Kosciuszko summit hike in 3 days or combination of them
Extended version: -
5 Days/1500 km Private Tour
Price for Premium Tour: from $1900 AUD inc. tax for 2 - 4 pax + Attraction tickets and Hotel for Tour Guide. Please use form below for different numbers of people instant quotation